Rawa Alammari, Ph.D. student, Oral Science
• What is your area of research or scholarship? My research is in the area of dental materials with a focus of the effects of tooth whitening products on dental hard tissues.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Ensuring patients’ well-being and maintenance of their overall health is the main goal of the dental profession. Therefore, it is important to continuously test and confirm the safety of the dental materials and procedures.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Ph.D. of oral Science, expected date July 2020
• Hometown: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Dr. Deborah Dawson
• What are your career goals? I strive to work alongside students and peers towards introducing new philosophies and concepts that can enhance the teaching and the research process.
Banner location: not on display—