DaVida Anderson, Ph.D. candidate, Higher Education and Student Affairs
Advocates for diverse perspectives
• What is your area of research or scholarship? My area of research is focused on the psychosocial development of college students and deconstructing spaces that shatter African American women’s self-efficacy in higher education.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? African American college women contribute towards one of the highest student populations on college campuses, yet their unique experiences are not thoroughly examined or reflected in research.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? May 2019
• Hometown: York Pennsylvania
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Cassi Barnhardt and Jodi Linley
• What are your career goals? My career goals are to contribute towards research that helps to inform best practices and policies in higher education while developing critical cross-cultural competencies that will positively influence all student’s learning in and out of the classroom.
Banner location: not on display—