Noah Anderson, Undergraduate student, Computer Science, Classical Languages
Analyzes Greek texts
• What is your area of research or scholarship? My research focuses on digital and statistical analysis of Latin and Greek texts and collection of authorial data.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research extends the growing field of the digital humanities to the classical studies in ways that have not yet been attempted. Successful results mean that we can open the tools used and the data produced to others interested in textual analysis or Latin and Greek biographical data.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? B.S. in Computer Science, B.A. in Classical Languages, expected May 2019
• Hometown: Albion, Iowa
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Paul Dilley
• What are your career goals? I hope to pursue a career either in software engineering or in intellectual property law.
Banner location: Downtown—Washington St, between Clinton St. and Dubuque St.