Ashley Arkfeld, Undergraduate student, Business Analytics and Information Systems, Marketing
Optimizes scholarship allocations
• What is your area of research or scholarship? My area of research is in higher education, and specifically, how colleges can distribute scholarship money in a way that attracts a high-achieving, diverse class of students.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research matters because it will help pave the way for high-potential students from underrepresented backgrounds to succeed at the University of Iowa.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? B.B.A. Business Analytics and Information Systems, B.B.A. Marketing, Graduating, 2018
• Hometown: Panama, Iowa
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Jeff Ohlmann
• What are your career goals? My career goals are to serve as a business consultant, sparking sustainable change and innovation in organizations, by implementing new technologies and business processes.
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—Old Capitol Town Center, 201 S. Clinton St.