Maeve Bittle, Undergraduate student, Environmental Engineering
Samples Iowa's air quality
• My area of research concerns environmental pollutants and how they interact with the environment and with people.
• Learning more about the toxicological importance of persistent organic pollutants (or POPs) will help us to find how they can be safely removed to help the health of the public. Our lab is focusing on airborne Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs).
• I am currently a second-year environmental engineering student who expects to graduate in May, 2020.
• Hometown: Glenwood, Iowa
• Faculty mentor: Rachel Marek
• After graduation, I would like to work for the government or a private company, focused on investigating climate change and the impact it has on the earth.
Banner location: not on display—