Liam Crawford, Undergraduate student, Computer Science, Philosophy
Builds learning apps for kids
• What is your area of research or scholarship? Human-Computer Interaction; specifically, the design of applications for preschool age children.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Despite the rise in interaction between preschool age children and computers (due mainly to cheap touchscreen technologies) and the plethora of “learning” apps that exist, there is a lack of research on most effective design principles for children of this age.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Computer Science, Philosophy; May 2019
• Hometown: Stuart, Iowa
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Professor Juan Pablo Hourcade
• What are your career goals? I hope to become an industry software engineer, potentially returning to academia after gaining experience.
Banner location: not on display—