Kareem Ebeid, Ph.D. student, Pharmaceutics
Targets endometrial cancer
• What is your area of research or scholarship? Development and characterization of novel drug delivery systems capable of targeting and treating endometrial cancer.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research matters because new therapies and therapeutic strategies are needed to improve the outcomes of this lethal endometrial cancer that affects our mothers and grandmothers. Endometrial cancer is the most prevalent gynecological malignancy in USA, with a continuous rise in both incidence and mortality over the past 10 years.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics, and I expect to graduate by December 2018.
• Hometown: Egypt
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Aliasger K. Salem
• What are your career goals? My main career goal is to join academia to be able to continue my research on endometrial cancer as well as other aggressive types of cancers.
Banner location: not on display—