Sara El-Hattab, Undergraduate student, Chemical Engineering
Fights muscular dystrophy
• What is your area of research or scholarship? I am currently researching effects of systemic gene delivery by adeno-associated viral vector on muscle phenotype in a model of congenital muscular dystrophy.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research could potentially provide a means to improve the lives of those suffering from certain types of muscular dystrophies.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? I am currently studying chemical engineering with hopes to graduate this upcoming May.
• Hometown: Iowa City
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Dr. Kevin Campbell
• What are your career goals? I am hoping to get accepted into pharmacy school for the Fall 2018 semester.
Banner location: not on display—