Shehroze Farooqi, Ph.D. student, Computer Science
• What is your area of research or scholarship? Data-driven cybercrime detection
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Cybercriminals target billions of Internet users to compromise accounts, spread spam and malware, and conduct reputation fraud. I conduct large-scale measurement studies to measure the impact of such nefarious activities and develop data-driven countermeasures to stop them.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Degree program: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Expected graduate date: May 2020.
• Hometown: Lahore, Pakistan
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Professor Zubair Shafiq
• What are your career goals? My career goal is to make the Internet a safer place for everyday users.
Banner location: not on display—