Alejandra Gonzalez, Ph.D. student, Nursing
Examines health disparities
• What is your area of research or scholarship? I am interested in doing research on the health of racial and ethnic LGBT+ people.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research matters because there are many health disparities present in these populations that need to be addressed.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Ph.D. in Nursing and May 2020 (This is the goal but it all depends on my dissertation)
• Hometown: Denison, Iowa
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Melissa Lehan Mackin, Ph.D., RN
• What are your career goals? To help people with my research that are often neglected, invisible, or ignored.
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—Old Capitol Town Center, 201 S. Clinton St.