Alyssa Hahn, Ph.D. student, Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Genetics
Finds genetic causes of disease
• What is your area of research of scholarship? Human Genetics
• In simple terms, why does this research Matter: 15% of children in the United States are affected by a developmental disability. Identifying the underlying genetic causes of developmental disabilities will lead to better diagnostic and therapeutic strategies.
• Degree Program & Expected Graduation Date: Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Genetics (Ph.D), May 2020
• Hometown: Dubuque, IA
• Faculty Mentor/Advisor: Dr. Benjamin Darbro, MD, Ph.D.
• Career Goals: I aspire to be a staff scientist conducting research in the realm of human genetics.
Banner location: Downtown—Clinton Street, between College and Burlington Avenue