• What is your degree program and expected graduation date? Biomedical Engineering, May 2020
• Please describe your research: My area of research is focused on Cystic Fibrosis and the development of pathogens in patients at the University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Advancement in Cystic Fibrosis (CF) research is imperative to develop treatments for the 30,000 individuals living with CF in hopes to improve their quality of life, and to find a cure.
• How soon after starting at the University of Iowa were you able to participate in research? Three semesters
• How has being involved in research made you more successful at the University of Iowa? Participating in research has allowed me to become more successful at the University of Iowa by emphasizing the importance of commitment and determination.
• What are your career goals and/or plans after graduation? After graduation, I plan to attend graduate school to pursue a career in research.
•Faculty mentor/advisor: Anthony Fischer and Patrick Allen
• Hometown: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Banner location: not on display—