Sharon Idiga, Ph.D. student, Molecular Medicine
Combats sugar cravings
• What is your area of research or scholarship? My area of research is in diabetes and obesity.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? My research matters because I am trying to understand the mechanisms that regulate sugar intake, which has huge implications for the treatment and prevention of obesity & type 2 diabetes.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? I am in the Molecular Medicine program. My expected graduation date is May 2020.
• Hometown: I’m originally from Nigeria but grew up in Palmdale California.
• Faculty advisory/mentor: My advisor is Matthew Potthoff
• What are your career goals? For my career goals I would like to continue to do biomedical research.
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—Old Capitol Town Center, 201 S. Clinton St.