Stephen Kruse, Undergraduate student, Biomedical Engineering
Seeks to understand epilepsy
• What is your area of research or scholarship? My area of research is in understanding mechanisms of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) within the Department of Neurology.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Epilepsy is a common health problem. Understanding the mechanisms behind seizure-induced mortality might lead to better prophylactic treatment strategies for patients.
• What is your degree program and expected graduation date? Biomedical Engineering, Dec 2018
• Hometown: Burlington, IA
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Gordon Buchanan MD/Ph.D.
• What are your career goals? Medical School or Graduate School
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—Old Capitol Town Center, 201 S. Clinton St.