• Degree program: B.B.A., Business Analytics and Information Systems & B.B.A., Finance, May 2019
• Please describe your research: My project is to use urban mobility data to analyze traffic conditions and understand human movement patterns in case of large events. This project applies data mining methods and spatial computing techniques to facilitate traffic management and enhance urban intelligence.
• In simple term, why does this research matter? The research facilitates decision making in urban intelligence, such as traffic management, ride-sharing service dispatching, and public safety enhancement and brings great societal and business benefits.
• How soon after starting at the University of Iowa were you able to participate in research? I started the research in my junior year.
• How has being involved in research made you more successful at the University of Iowa? Through the process of doing research, I developed independent critical thinking skills along with oral and written communication skills. It made me more confident in solving problems of business analytics.
• What are your career goals and/or plans after graduation? My career goal is to become a business consultant who can solve business problems and has the ability to leverage technology in the business world.
• Faculty mentor/ advisor: Xun Zhou
• Hometown: Weifang City, Shandong Province, China
Banner location: Downtown—Dubuque Street and Iowa Avenue