Allison Momany, Ph.D. student, Clinical Psychology
Examines prenatal risk factors
• What is your area of research or scholarship? I study prenatal and perinatal risk factors of neurodevelopmental disorders.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Many children are diagnosed with neurodevelopmental disorders and endure lifelong difficulties as a result of these disorders. Understanding the early life (prenatal and perinatal) risk factors that are involved in the etiology of neurodevelopmental disorders would likely lead to better prevention and intervention.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Clinical Psychology Ph.D., 2021
• Hometown: Amana, IA
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Molly Nikolas
• What are your career goals? Conduct research examining risk factors of neurodevelopmental disorders and treat children with behavioral problems
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—Old Capitol Town Center, 201 S. Clinton St.