Lalita Oonthonpan, Ph.D. student, Biochemistry
Studies cell health
• What is your area of research or scholarship? I am investigating structure-function relationship of the mitochondrial pyruvate carrier and its role in metabolism.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? My work elucidates mechanisms of disease-causing mutations of the mitochondrial pyruvate carrier found in patients.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Biochemistry, August 2018
• Hometown: Khonkaen, Thailand
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Dr. Eric B. Taylor
• What are your career goals? My goal is be a facilitator of scientific discover and progress.
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—Old Capitol Town Center, 201 S. Clinton St.