• What is your degree program and expected graduation date? Chemical Engineering BSE, Computer Science BA, May 2019
• Please describe your research: I develop dry powder aerosols that can be used to treat lung infections.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Finding effective ways to treat lung infections saves the lives of the many people across the world struggling with lung diseases.
• How soon after starting at the University of Iowa were you able to participate in research? I started during my first semester.
• How has being involved in research made you more successful at the University of Iowa? Participating in research at Iowa has allowed me to explore a career in research at an early stage. My experiences in the lab have cemented my decision to continue research in grad school and pursue a Ph.D. in chemical engineering.
• What are your career goals and/or plans after graduation? I plan to pursue a Ph.D. in chemical engineering and conduct research in pharmaceuticals that will develop new and effective ways to treat widespread diseases.
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Jennifer Fiegel
• Hometown: West Des Moines, IA
Banner location: not on display—