• What is your degree program and expected graduation date? Management Sciences PhD, May 2020
• Please describe your research: My research examines reliability of travel itineraries that involve multiple modes of travel. Using data from airlines and Google maps, my research identifies the probability of an on-time arrival, to help travelers determine which itineraries and modes of travel are most reliable.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research will give travelers an easy-to-understand metric to help chose journeys that will get them to their destination on-time across many modes of travel, including flight, driving and public transit.
• How soon after starting at the University of Iowa were you able to participate in research? I was able to begin researching after one semester in the Management Sciences program.
• How has being involved in research made you more successful at the University of Iowa? Research has allowed me to dive deeper into a specific area and use skills in problem modeling, programming and writing, that will help me in my future career.
• What are your career goals and/or plans after graduation? After graduation I plan to look for academic or industry jobs in the transportation analytics field.
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Professor Ann Campbell
• Hometown: Sioux City, IA
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—