Tori Troesch, M.D. Student
Surveys clubfoot treatments
• What is your degree program and expected graduation date? Medical School, 2021
• Please describe your research: The Ponseti method is currently the gold standard for clubfoot care. In my research, I look at barriers to clubfoot bracing, and the overall quality of care that patients receive from practitioners.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? This research will allow us to improve the care given to patents with clubfoot through educating practitioners and recipients of care.
• How soon after starting at the University of Iowa were you able to participate in research? I started research the summer after my first year of medical school.
• How has being involved in research made you more successful at the University of Iowa? Research gave me insight into the mechanisms underlying change in medicine.
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Dr. Jose Morcuende
• Hometown: San Luis Obispo, CA
Banner location: not on display—