• What is your degree program and expected graduation date? Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, May 2019
• Please describe your research: I study various aspects of children’s psychological development. In one lab we look at parent-child relationships and social emotional development. In the other we look at the relationship between spatial language and spatial memory development.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Understanding the development of children’s psychological processes will help us to provide the safest and happiest environment possible for our children.
• How soon after starting at the University of Iowa were you able to participate in research? I joined my first lab the fall of my sophomore year.
• How has being involved in research made you more successful at the University of Iowa? Being involved in research has helped me solidify my career goals, form connections with professors and grad students, and learn all about the field of psychology.
• What are your career goals and/or plans after graduation? After graduation I am hoping to get a full time research job at the University of Iowa and after a few years apply to grad school. Eventually I want to get a doctorate in developmental psychology.
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Grazyna Kochanska, Jodie Plumert
• Hometown: Island Lake, IL
Banner location: University Capitol Centre—