Winnie Uluocha, Dual program student: J.D. and Masters of Health Administration
Explores implicit bias
• What is your area of research or scholarship? Understanding implicit bias and its implications in the criminal justice and public health systems
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Implicit bias research exposes the unconscious cognition, attitudes, and behaviors that contribute to societal disparities. Awareness of implicit biases coupled with proactive responses allow these systems to function more equitably.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Dual-degree – Juris Doctor and Master of Health Administration, 2019
• Hometown: Chicago, IL
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Dr. Brian Farrell – Law School
• What are your career goals? To judiciously counsel health care providers on a wide array of regulatory and transactional issues.
Banner location: not on display—