Kari Weaver, Ph.D. student, Higher Education and Student Affairs
• What is your area of research or scholarship? I am active on two research teams. One is devoted to the study of the collegiate experiences of students with minoritized identities, and the other examines privileged identities and facilitating difficult dialogues around difference.
• In simple terms, why does this research matter? Issues surrounding diversity and equity in higher education are critically important. This research may help inform and enact policies that support first-year programming, moral and spiritual development, and the overall college experiences of minoritized students.
• What is your degree program and expected graduate date? Higher Education and Student Affairs Ph.D.. Expected graduation date: Spring 2020
• Hometown: Ames, Iowa
• Faculty mentor/advisor: Dr. Jodi Linley
• What are your career goals? Research faculty member
Banner location: not on display—